Thursday, April 14, 2005

An interesting post: the whole Rachel and Luke thing.

Okay, so. I think I should post on this since it's what I had on my mind since I went to bed and it's one of the first things that I thought of when I woke up. So, am I going to rant about how Luke was a total cock and got hold of the girl I fancied on my bed for a rather long time? No, I'm not.

I would rather go onto my changed opinion of this. I used to blame Luke 95% and Rachel 5%. I broke off my friendship with Luke because I thought he was basically the reason I was experiencing this really hard emotional pain. It really hurt, my heart actually hurt me.

So, I thought my best friend was rubbing it into me that he'd scored with the girl I wanted. Well, maybe but I got some things wrong. I realized yesterday that actually, Rachel was the one who's at fault. Luke was with her because he genuinely liked her. Rachel was using him as an escape tool from Marriott. Now, realizing this, can anyone understand how much of a knob I feel like for pushing my best friend away? I got rid of the wrong friend. And now, I live to regret that. *sigh*

1 Comments:

Blogger Aaron said...

You have a very good argument, Dave. Before I reply, I just want to state that I like what I have now and I love my friends. Just so we're clear.

Tom had nothing to do with it. We hated Tom, he was a dick and we all wanted him dead. I don't regret how things are with Tom - he's a knob.

Anyway, Graham wasn't really involved at the time. He was just coming in with Caz.

I would have been torn between you and Luke. You two were my best friends and I remember I placed you two above everyone. But, I think that if I had known Rachel's true intentions, I probably would have stuck by Luke. PROBABLY, anyway. I don't know. And I think at the time. me, you and Marriott were in VERY different situations with her regardless of the fact we all fancied her. I witnessed their display of emotion and I was the one bearing the secret of them. Marriott knew nothing, only that he fancied Rachel - or was it Caz then? Who knows - it always changes. Anyway, you were completely blind to it until November 14th and all you knew was that you fancied her. And would you choose your best friend or the girl you loved with the knowledge of her using him whilst he had genuine feeling for her?

I just don't know, but I do agree that us a collection of friends have had a positive influence on her. I just regreat that we couldn't have rubbed that off on Luke. I think what stops him from believing in God is his Uncle's death - he just doesn't understand why those that we love are taken away.

Oh, and on another thing you mentioned, I don't think I'd have followed Luke's current path. I think he'd have been doing what we do now. But who knows - if you change one thing in history, everything changes in the present and the future.

6:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home