Friday, May 06, 2005

Teh army day!

Okay, so the day began at 6:30am. It was so odd - I felt alive! I walk downstairs and into the kitchen in my boxers, got some orange juice and then walked back up. My mum and our guest, just watched on. Heh. Actually, we spoke and I said "good morning" to both. So, I drunk my orange juice then went back into bed. Mum and guest left house around 6:40am and I was curious why our guest had left so early. Anyway, I jumped into the shower, used my cool "tropical fruit" shampoo, finished shower, woke dad up, went upstairs, put laptop on and changed clothes. I decided to wear jeans, my "Rock The Vote" t-shirt and a thin FCUK jumper. Went to check on dad again, ate some parma ham(yay!), went on the laptop and if my memory serves me correctly, nothing interesting was going on. Went to buy newspaper, done my hair and then got my last minute things together.

I felt kinda scared and rather reassured that I would die on this day out with the army. I don't know, but something inside of me was strongly saying "you're going to die". Anyway, I wasn't TOO scared or anything, death's not all that scary.

Anyway, dad gave me a lift to school - 7:40am and I was early. =O Louise Green looked hot, Kudeza was there, Sophie looked pleasant and Danielle looked pretty hot. But, they don't look as good as they used - poor boy. *pities self* You know, I can still find them attractive, yet I clearly still like Charlie. It's so interesting how that's possible. I can't explain it, so don't even ask! Marriott was running late and I was thinking to myself "please come, you're my best friend here". So around 7:50, he showed up. We then got asked to vote and I voted for Communist Party. Not entirely sure why, but oh well. So, we boarded the coach and I sat next to Marriott - predictably. On the way there, I showed him my poem. He thought it was good and said he was stealing it for a song. I was cool with that. I drew this guy hanging himself from a tree on the coach's window. Ali then wrote "gay" and an arrow pointing at me. -_- Lame. Slightly later in the journey, I showed Marriott my e-mail to Charlie. He said that was "very well written" and I said that I wished I could write like that in my exams. =P That got me thinking about her again - smart idea, Aaron. Don't remember mine and Marriott's conversation to the army place, for obvious reasons. Oh, I text Dave asking him what he thought of my poem and he said he's going to steal it for a song. So, it should be cool having Dave and Marriott work on that. Got army place around 9:10am.

The place had some guy at the gate with a gun - OoOoOoOo. There was also a sign saying "Bikini Alert Zone"...WTF?! Whatever. Went and put some army thing on which was called an "over-all"(sp?). Then we went in and saw a slideshow on what the army does. I am never going, so I didn't really give it a shit. Oh yeah, we had been assigned into team a or b. I was originally in team a with quite a few decent people like Kieran, Louise, Danielle and Joumana but Joumana wanted to go into A and I wanted to go with Marriott, so I switched with her. After the slideshow, we got our water proof jackets and went to put our valuables away. About 9:45 by now. We were going to do problem solving activities first. Yay. :-/
We teamed up with some other people who were cadets apparently. Most were going into the army this year - 1 in July, 1 in August, 1 in September and another in November. We piled into a mini bus and it stunk. Got used to it, but it only had 8 seats. The girls took those and I rotted in the back with the guys - Niraj, Ali, Rob and Marriott. Our fast problem when we got there was to get this box across a "river" using some rope and three poles of wood. Our teams had already split into two - so B was in 2 halves. But, then the lot who did the problem with me, split again and we had a team on both sides of the river. We had like 6 pieces of rope, for anyone who was like "HOW MANY PIECES OF ROPE DID YOU GET?" The task took us 20 minutes and I did nothing - wahoo! Task 2; get a barrel out of a square without tipping us over. We failed and I honestly do not care. Got to have a look at the tank nearby. Nothing special - stunk of sweat, had a massive Rolls Royce engine, it got started and we had a group photo on there in which I probably look like a n00b. Oh yeah, the girls in B; Kudeza, Bonita, Shonagh, Saranjeet, Sheista(sp?) and some other people. I REALLY can't be bothered to think about it. Oh yeah and Amy. I don't like her - loud mouthed, smoking slag. o.0 Wow - outburst. :-S So, we ended up sitting down on the ground and talking. It was like 12:05 and we were dying for lunch...I should have had more than ham! *sobs* Time went by so slow. Lunch was at 12:45pm, for anyone wondering. We got transport at 12:40 and off to the food, we were!
It was rice and "chilli con carne", according to Rob. It was yummy, warm and I had two servings. Hah, damn you Veggies! *laughs* I enjoyed my lunch mainly with Rob and Ali, alongside a few cups of juice.
After like an hour of lunch, moved onto the demolition stuff! Wahoo! Walked there and B was split in two, again. My group were 2nd so we got taught about a machine gun. We were offered the opportunity to have an empty shot on it, but I refused. I never want to handle a gun - loaded or not. That really didn't last long, so we just talked about random stuff as a group after - some of the cadets were with us too, so that was cool. We saw the other group coming up after being gone for like 20 minutes. Then we heard 9 LOUD explosions the first one made my heart skip a beat but I sure as hell wasn't alone. The group even vibrated. Oooo... Then my group went to do that stuff. We were taught how to enable plastic explosives to be explosive - by giving them more explosive power and having a detonator. The plastic explosives smelt like crayons, which reminds me; I must blow up some crayons. Anyway, we went up the slope and waited for our explosions. We had bigger ones. Yay! Ali's sounded the biggest and made the ground shake the most - because he'd put it face down. So, it blew up downwards instead of upwards. Blah.
Around 2:20pm, we went onto the assault course. We went through this thoroughly, and there were 7 parts.
1st = Going under a half a metre pole.
2nd = Jumping on top of a bar, resting out stomach and then doing a roll whilst gripping it.
3rd = Climbing an 8ft wall.
4th = Jump a ditch with water in.
5th = Climb a 6ft wall.
6th = Walk up a ramp (which was the length of a brick), go over a small gap and then jump at the end onto sand.
7th = Walk up a HUGE ramp and then jump. The fall seemed huge!

Team A raced team B and surprise, surprise Team A won. I wasn't last so don't blame me. =P I got hurried to run near the end though, because I started walking back. Why the fuck did it matter? I had like 7 people still to come. Off home we were! Yay!

First, we went back to where we ate. Got a certificate, a pen and then some photos of us were taken. pwnage. I'm next to Danielle and Marriott, and above Louse. All by chance. Heh. So, got on the coach and I was knackered. I nearly fell asleep early on, but didn't. Danielle did and she looked cute sleeping. Sophie fell asleep too and then Marriott. I felt like licking him, but thought not. :D Seto fell asleep, as well. Don't know/care about anyone else. So, a muted journey back was what I had so you can imagine my relief when we got back to school dead on 5pm. I parted with Marriott, walking out of school with Ali. I parted at the bottom of the hill, because I was too lazy to go the long way JUST for Ali. Don't remember what I did. Err...Charlie text me apologizing for not sending me anything all day. 'Twas cool, just felt lonely. Started getting ready around 5:40pm; showered, put jeans on, ironed top and put some eau de toilette crap on. Then I went online and it was like 6:15pm now. Thought Caz would be there in 15, she came in 20. Missed 2 calls from Graham - music was on and phone was on silent.

So, Caz gave me a lift to Swakeleys, along with Graham to Charlie's thing. We waited outside and there were quite a few people. So, went in. There were 5 of them. Basically, it was about there always being a problem in society; a problem with acceptance. They covered racism with MLK's speech, homeless people, anorexia, people thinking they need plastic surgery and other stuff. OR, I may have complete misunderstood the whole thing. The racism bit brought me close to tears - it was pretty emotive. Basically, the piece was fucking fantastic and I thought that they were all awesome. Well done! At the end, I got a thank you for providing them with MLK's speech and I was so surprised/embarassed. Everyone turned around too because I was at the back. Blah, so glad I'm black because no-one saw me blush! Wahoo! So, after the show, Charlie came out to hug us all. I got two! Yay. Her letoard wasn't anything special tonight, so I didn't waste any time stroking it. =P Got another hug off her after she's changed into her NFG top. Umm, chatted VERY quickly. Hugged again before she left.

I was kinda quiet and I think it's because I was still quite affected my their drama piece. I was appreciating my friends and stuff. Man, I love some of them to pieces.

Anyway, walked out with Graham and Caz - Dave and Rach had already started walking up to meet her dad. Charlie passed us but then ended up coming back because she forgot her phone. :D Met Dave and Rach, Caz's mum came, went home. I was gonna phone Charlie, but text her first. She was eating. I tried again a bit later, 8:15 and she'd JUST finished. Perfect timing! Anyway, we had a cool convo but it was cut short at 9pm. Now, I thought this was her parents wanting her to be off the phone. Dave then got annoyed at me for being online AND being on the phone. So he got pissed and blocked me. Great - one of my best friends pissed off at me. Then I found out Charlie didn't get off the phone because of her parents, she'd promised Graham he could phone her. So meh, I was pretty down, but I already went onto Caz about this and I'd hate to just rant about it again. Basically, I felt pretty low at my best friend being pissed off at me, then for being ditched on the phone.

However, every story has a happy ending...or not. Dave unblocked me and he just dropped the whole thing - yay! I won't do it again. I hope. :-X Chatted to Charlie, Caz, Emily and him online. No uber conversations. The conversation with Jane was pretty cool. Wub you Jane. :P Me and Dave normally have pwnage conversations but we were both rather bored and I was SO tired. Dave left at 10, Charlie a bit later and Caz left at some time. She rang me, though. So it was cool. Didn't do anything productive with my evening. Fell asleep on the phone to Caz and here I am now.

End.

5 Comments:

Blogger x_z_x said...

Ta, for that, A. =p

Have a nice day today anyway. I hope nothing's too wrong with ya! Hee hee! =D

8:07 am  
Blogger x_z_x said...

Why's that funny? =s I don't get it...

4:16 pm  
Blogger x_z_x said...

Wait, is that 'cause Aaron didn't know how to spell it?

4:16 pm  
Blogger Aaron said...

I don't think so...

4:31 pm  
Blogger Aaron said...

What's wrong with veggies? Well! They think they're better than me because they don't eat meat? I don't think so. =P

12:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home